ARTISAN & MERCHANT BOOTHS
Celebrating Colonial resistance to British rule, Chestertown, on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, will hold its Annual Tea Party Festival Saturday, May 27, 2023 and Sunday, May 28, 2023. Kick-off celebration to be held Friday evening May 26, 2023.
April 1, 2023 ALL 2023 Vendor Applications must be completed online or post marked.
May 1, 2023 Space Assignments and vehicle passes mailed
May 27, 2023 Festival Hours 10AM- 4PM in downtown Historic Chestertown
May 28, 2023 Festival Hours 11AM-4PM Wilmer Park on the scenic Chester River
RULES & REGULATIONS
TYPES OF MERCHANTS & REGISTRATION
Non-Profit Booth– these booths are informational in nature and do not include merchandise. If a non-profit would also like to sell items, please register as an artisan craft vendor.
Artisan/Crafter Vendor– sell your handmade wares! Before registering, please review the Rules and Regulations.
Farmers Market Vendor– If you are applying as a Chestertown Farmers’ Market or Artisans’ Market vendor, you must be confirmed by the Market Managers.
Food Vendors- Non-Profit organizations are invited to apply for a space in our food vendor area. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Download information and a sample concession contract here:
THINGS TO REMEMBER
Your fee reserves a space approximately 10’ deep X 15’ wide. A 10’ X 10’ tent will fit into this space.
Vendors must provide their own tables, chairs and tent. No electricity will be provided. No sales commission will be taken.
Maryland Sales Tax of 6% is the responsibility of the individual vendor. The Chestertown Tea Party Festival Committee does not supply application forms for taxes.
Every effort will be made to guarantee returning vendor space locations IF registration and payment made online or post marked by April 1, 2023.
The Chestertown Tea Festival Party, Inc. DOES NOT cover your liability. CHESTERTOWN TEA PARTY FESTIVAL, INC. ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS DUE TO WEATHER, DAMAGE OR THEFT.
The Festival occurs RAIN or SHINE. All activities take place out of doors. There are no refunds if we are rained out. There are no covered spaces. It is necessary to bring tents, tarps or other protective devices for inclement weather.
Signs are limited to one per booth, no larger than 24” x 36”. Lettering, color, etc. should be in the style of the colonial period.
COVID – Artisans must comply with any State, County and Town COVID restrictions, if applicable. Updates will be communicated in advance of the event.
- All work must be original and that of the exhibitor. Manufactured kits or “buy and sell crafts” are prohibited. Merchants will be asked to remove prohibited items.
- Weapons (toy or otherwise) such as, but not limited to: pop guns, rubber band guns, swords, bows and arrows are prohibited from sale at the Festival. There will be no exceptions. Merchants will be asked to remove prohibited items.
- Retail shops and industries will not be permitted.
- Demonstrating your craft is preferred.
- Specific guidelines are established by the Chestertown Tea Party Festival, Inc. The Artisans Committee follows the directives of the Board of Directors of the Corporation. All applications to the Artisans Committee are “Juried as a Craft” on the basis of suitability, and we reserve the right to reject any vendor application. The decision of the Artisans Committee is final.
A vehicle access pass will be provided and a map with further instructions will be provided to all registrants in early May 2023.
You MUST display your vehicle access pass in order to drive inside the Festival area for load in.
Only one (1) vehicle per vendor space will be permitted inside the Festival area at a time. To off load merchandise, merchant vehicles will be permitted in the Festival area on Saturday from 7AM until 9AM. Vehicles must then be moved to designated vendor parking. No exceptions will be granted.
To load up at the end of the day, on Saturday, merchant vehicles will be permitted inside the Festival area on a phased basis beginning at 4:15pm or at a time at the discretion of the Festival staff for safety of the patrons.
The Festival area will be closed for all through traffic until 7pm.
For questions, email email@example.com.